Effective 25 May 2018
Our commitment to your privacy
Independent Business Resource Limited (IBR-Ltd) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy statement is effective from 25th May 2018.
Independent Business Resource Limited will ensure that all personal information will be held securely and in accordance with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
In this policy ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean Independent Business Resource Limited (IBR-Ltd), registered in England Number 4820918 and whose registered office is: Unit 2, Uffcott Farm, Uffcott, Wiltshire, SN4 9NB and correspondence address: 1 King Alfred Close, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5AY.
If you have any questions please contact us on 01672 549002 or email us GDPR@ibr-ltd.com or write to us at: 1 King Alfred Close, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5AY.
Who are we?
Independent Business Resource Limited is an agricultural marketing/ market research organisation servicing a range of local UK and International clients to facilitate either business representation or the delivery of bespoke client projects.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an individual that can identify them, for example name, address, contact or financial details.
What information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold will vary depending on the context of the interaction with us. It may include, but is not limited to, the following information about you:-
- Contact details such as email address, home and/or work address, postcode, phone number.
- Demographic information such as job title, age, business size, business composition structure.
- Image and/or voice captured through photography, filming, videotaping and/or audiotaping.
- Information from queries and/or complaints registered with us.
- Personal information from your usage of our website.
- Any other information which may be collected in the course of our interactions with you
How do we collect information about you?
Information you give us directly:
- When you contact us directly by telephone, via our website, email, LinkedIn, post or in person.
- Attend events.
- Apply for a job.
- Or otherwise provide us with information.
Information we collect about you or receive from other sources:
- Information from public sources such as Companies House, on the internet or published in newspapers, magazines, membership directories.
- Consent to take part in a research project.
- Information given to us by third parties/clients.
How do we use this information?
For those taking part in a research project we use your personal information:
- To allow Independent Business Resource Limited to carry out research on behalf of our clients.
For current, past and prospective clients we use your personal information:
- To carry out our responsibilities resulting from any contracts you’ve entered into with us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you’ve requested from us.
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper and lawful performance of our business.
For prospective employees:
- Process a job application.
We may also email you about information or activities we think you may be interested in. If you do not want us to send you updates like this, please email us – GDPR@ibr-ltd.com
What are the legal bases we use for processing your information?
The GDPR require us to determine a legal basis when processing your information. We consider the bases below to be relevant:
- Where you have given your Consent for us to use your personal data in a certain way (for example take part in a research project), you may opt out at any time by contacting us on 01672 549002 or email us: GDPR@ibr-ltd.com or write to us at: 1 King Alfred Close, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5AY.
- Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Where necessary for fulfilling a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (for example to allow you to take part in an event for which you have registered).
- Where there is a legitimate interest in us processing your information. The legitimate interest can be Independent Business Resource Limited’s interests or the interests of a third party and can include commercial interests and individual interests. Legitimate interest can be used when we use people’s data in a way they would reasonably expect, and which will have minimal privacy impact.
Legitimate interest means our interests in conducting and managing our business as an agricultural marketing/ market research organisation conducting research analysis.
When we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis to process your information we will carefully consider and balance any possible effect this may have on you or your rights.
If you have any concerns about our processing, you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interest. For more information on your rights see section below ‘What are your rights?’
Will we ever share your personal information?
As data controller, Independent Business Resource Limited may use selected third parties to process your information on our behalf. Such third parties will be authorised to see and use your information to fulfil their contractual obligations to us and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose. We retain full responsibility for how your personal information is used by these third parties. Any third party that receives personal information is obliged to follow the same privacy protection legislation as Independent Business Resource Limited.
If your information has been shared with us by a client, it will be used for the purpose for which it was supplied and no other.
How do we protect your information?
Information is stored in password protected systems, this includes audio recordings and transcriptions. We take all steps necessary to ensure that your data is kept securely and in accordance with legislation.
Paper documentation is stored securely.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We’ll keep your personal information in accordance with our internal retention policies. The length of time we hold your personal information varies depending on the type of information and its use.
If you have taken part in a research project your personal details will typically be kept for 36 months unless you have been explicitly told otherwise.
Client information will be held on our systems for as long as necessary to provide the services and/or products that you have requested, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements, staying in contact for a period that we deem fair and reasonable.
Information on our staff will be held to meet our legal obligations, investigating disciplinary matters, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
Where do we store and process your information?
We store and process your information within the European Economic Area (EEA).
What are your rights?
You have rights under data protection law
- The right to access the personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to make us correct any inaccurate or incorrect personal data we hold about you.
- The right to make us erase any personal data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict our processing of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to object to our processing of personal data we hold about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).
- The right to request a complete copy of the personal data we hold on you to be transferred elsewhere.
- The right to withdraw consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data.
You can obtain further information about your rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or via their telephone helpline (0303 123 1113).
How can you access your information and contact us?
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
Send us an email GDPR@ibr-ltd.com include your name and clear instructions on what you would like us to do
Write to us at: 1 King Alfred Close, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5AY. Include your name and clear instructions on what you would like us to do.
If you require Independent Business Resource Limited to supply you with details of the personal information we hold about you, then we will provide this information to you free of charge and we will provide this information within 30 days of your request unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If this is the case, we will inform you within 30 days of your request about the reason for the extension of time. If your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we will charge a reasonable fee or provide a reason for our refusal to respond.
Changes to your details or this policy
If your personal details change please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at GDPR@ibr-ltd.com.
This website makes use of 'cookies' placed by Google Analytics which is used to collect some data about visitors. The cookies used on this site do not identify people nor do they collect personal data about visitors.
For more information about EU Cookie law (e-Privacy Directive) please visit the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk. For more information about Google Analytics please visit developers.google.com/analytics/.